American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary, Hardcover, 944 Pages
Manufacturer: Houghton Mifflin
- A comprehensive dictionary of medical language.
- Over 45,000 clearly worded, well-researched items with thousands of definitions revised to reflect recent changes in research and practice.
- Includes more than 90 easy-to-understand, labeled illustrations and tables.
- More than 1,000 new words have been added, reflecting new tests (immunoblot), treatments (photodynamic therapy), diseases (SARS), procedures and disorders.
- Commonly prescribed and over-the-counter medications are included.
- The vocabulary of HMOs and managed care is covered as well.
- 6.60 lb weight.