Fair Trade Federation: Trade Member
The Fair Trade Federation is the association of fair trade businesses in North America. All members are fully committed to providing fair wages and good employment opportunities to economically disadvantaged artisans and farmers worldwide.
While not a certification of goods or products, businesses undergo a rigorous screening process which examines the business' commitment to the fair trade principles up and down the supply chain and their environmental impact.
Fair Trade Federation (FTF) criteria include:
- Paying a fair wage in the local context.
- Engaging in environmentally sustainable practices.
- Offering employees opportunities for advancement.
- Providing equal employment opportunities for all people, particularly the most disadvantaged.
- Being open to public accountability.
- Building long-term trade relationships.
- Providing healthy and safe working conditions within the local context.
- Providing financial and technical assistance to producers whenever possible.
To learn more about the Fair Trade Federation, visit its website at http://www.fairtradefederation.org/